Digital Alchemy is globally recognized as experts in Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Building Energy Modeling (BEM). Our experience spans four decades at industry leading companies, and delivering new and innovative projects, products, and consulting. Simergy is our solution for simulation and analysis of building models. BIM Binder is our solution for BIM handover from design and construction to building owners. Please browse the details below and let us know what you think.
Simergy is an innovative BIM-based product that enables building architects, engineers, contractors, and owners to simulate, analyze, and optimize the performance of their building designs before they are built. It is used by industry leading companies to optimize building energy efficiency, daylighting, and comfort. It is also used to assess compliance to standards like the California Building Energy code.
* Download requires login
BIM Handover TM
BIM Handover is an innovative BIM-based product that enables building designers and contractors to handover an information-rich model of a building to the building owners – for use in building operations. Designers add basic information about products they specify (e.g. equipment). Contractors then add more detailed (as built) information like installation manuals, operating manuals, product parts distributors.
What our Customers say?
"Simergy has the potential to transform the building design process. This robust EnergyPlus graphical user interface will enable energy models to be developed in a fraction of the time and the integrated results analysis capabilities provide Quality Assurance review of the results for rapid troubleshooting. In addition, we feel Simergy will make energy modeling more cost-effective allowing every project the opportunity to inform design through performance-based decisions."
Teresa Rainey, SOM- - Director of High Performance Design - - PE, LEED AP BD+C, BSCP
"HOK has been an industry partner and active participant in the process of developing Simergy. Evidence based design and early performance analysis are essential to our design process. The ability to test multiple high-performance alternates early in the process, use quick drag & drop options, and provide clear data visualization will be a welcome addition to our early design modeling toolbox. We look forward to using Simergy on our projects."
Zorana Bosnic, HOK - - Vice President | Sustainable Design Director - - RIBA, LEED AP BD+C
"We find the market is demanding more from energy modeling tools than ever before. We need a tool that can directly model complex mechanical systems while effectively using it early in design to inform critical decisions. Simergy reduces the number of modeling workarounds we use with conventional modeling software for our high-performance building design systems. Using the power of the EnergyPlus engine Simergy provides the quality results we need while enhancing our energy modeling process from concept into operation."
Suzanne Robinson, R.G. Vanderweil Engineers -- Director of Sustainability -- PE, LEED AP BD+C
Digital Alchemy is proud of the users of our software products. These pages feature descriptions of customer projects in which Simergy and BIM Binder have been used to deliver high quality results that delight their clients. We hope these inspire you to use our software products to achieve the same level of client satisfaction.
We are often asked if our software products support unusual systems or building components. In the following pages, we feature several projects in which such new and innovative systems have been used. Project models for these samples are available to our professional customers. We hope that these will inspire the use of the systems in more buildings, being developed by our customers.
- Full Release of Simergy v3.3 - all users
improvements listed below, in June section
- Website updates:
- Automated discounting for multi-license purchases
- Improvements to 'My Account' page
- 07-July -- Webinar: How to answer your building energy design questions (US Units)
- 09-July -- Webinar: How to answer your building energy design questions (Metric Units)
- 14-July -- Training 101: Creating and Simulating your first Building Energy Model in Simergy
- 28-July -- Training 102: DWG Model-Over, Editing HVAC Loops, Results Visualization
- Beta Release of Simergy v3.3 - Professional users only
- Update to use newest version of EnergyPlus
- Add support for Refrigeration Loops
- Building Model and Building Systems Creator improvements
- Many more sample projects + easy access from startup canvas
- 2D/3D viewport improvements
- Large project speed improvements
- Website updates:
- Additions to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section
- 02-June -- Webinar: How to answer your building energy design questions (US Units)
- 09-June -- Training 101: Creating and Simulating your first Building Energy Model in Simergy
- 11-June -- Webinar: How to answer your building energy design questions (Metric Units)
- 23-June -- Training 102: DWG Model-Over, Editing HVAC Loops, Results Visualization